I have read a lot of reviews from men on the GOrun 2, So I thought it was a good time to give a Women’s review of the running shoe. I liked the look of this shoe right out of the box and I was impressed with the lightweight build, 5.2 oz. for a women’s size 7. The upper is constructed of a stretchy mesh fabric that makes the shoe extremely flexible and light. It’s designed with plenty of cushioning for long runs, and a removable insole for those that prefer a more minimalistic feel (I left mine in place). The Skechers GOrun 2 were “designed for speed”, and I have to agree. I probably can’t allocate my pace completely to the shoes, but I was running noticeably faster miles with minimal effort.
My initial and only real criticism with these shoes is the narrow fit. My foot is a size 7.5 US and is 4¼” (10.795 cm) at the widest point. The mesh lining had enough give that I never felt uncomfortable, even on longer runs. Turns out my foot is on the wide side, check out this chart.
My opinion of Skechers completely changed after I received the GOrun 2. They’re fast, lightweight, and flexible. I’ve put over 60 miles on these shoes and haven’t seen any real wear. I opted in for the light blue/grey color, which I love, but they have a lot of great color combinations. The GOrun 2 is a great shoe for the road and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a minimal, light weight, running shoe.
A pair of Women’s Skechers GOrun2 were provided for this review.
From Skechers’ website:
Skechers GOrun 2 is the next generation of a serious minimal running shoe. Designed for speed with innovative performance technologies to promote a midfoot strike, it works as a great transitional shoe to foster a barefoot running experience.
- Independent circular GOimpulse sensors offer flexibility and feedback for a more responsive running experience
- M-Strike Technology™ promotes a midfoot strike
- Radically lightweight – No extra material, no extra weight, nothing to slow you down
- Breathable 4-way stretch mesh toe panels engineered to allow toe splay
- Custom Fit insole is removable for an even more minimal feel
- Roomier Forefoot – Extra space to reduce friction and allow your toes to spread, grip and push off
- 4mm Heel Drop – substantially less heel drop than traditional running or training shoes to bring you closer to a natural barefoot experience
- Resalyte™ Midsole – Proprietary lightweight injection-molded compound with memory retention helps absorb impact
- Progressive Flex midsole transitions from stable platform to forefoot flexibility
- Nearly weightless synthetic and mesh fabric upper
- Nearly seamless flexible upper with lace up front
- Flatlock stitching detail for seamless feel and lighter weight
- Soft smooth fabric shoe lining for easy barefoot wear
- Weight: Radically lightweight 5.2 oz per shoe based on a woman’s size 7
Avg weekly miles: 35
Avg pace: 8:15
Favorite place to run: Along Baltimore’s Waterfront Promenade