I know what you are thinking, won’t any rope work for jump rope workouts?!
I suppose, just like you can run in any shoe. For me, if you’re going to do something, do it right with the right equipment.
I added jump ropes into my cross training six months ago. At first, I grabbed a cheap woven rope from Target, and it works fine but I can only use it on soft none abrasive surfaces, and it isn’t made for any speed work, and generally kinda sucks.
I came across Crossrope in my social media feeds and was intrigued by the handles with ball bearings and the switchable weighted ropes. I reached out to Crossrope, and they recommended the Get Lean package which comes with handles, a 1/4 pound rope, and a 1/2 pound rope.
Jumping with the Crossrope is smooth, and the handles can whip the ropes around at high speeds. I was initially going to use the jump ropes for one to two minutes of jumping, but when the Get Lean package arrived, it prompted me to download the app (android and apple supported.) The app makes the rope workouts more enjoyable. An average workout consists of intervals of varying timed jumping and rest. You will also be instructed when to switch the weighted ropes. If you don’t have the Crossrope, you can still download the app and try it out for free. The program has workouts, challenges, video skill tutorials, and of course a shop.
The Crossrope Get Lean package runs $88, but it is most likely the last jump rope you will ever buy. Meg and I each have ropes suited to our height, and both share the handles.
Benefits of Jumping Rope
1. Jumping rope can increase the elasticity and resiliency of lower-leg muscles, leading to a reduced risk of lower-leg injuries.
2. Jumping rope can help improve your coordination.
3. Jumping rope can help improve your cognitive function.
4. Jumping rope can help increase the intensity of circuit-training workouts.
5. Jump ropes are incredibly portable, which makes them an excellent option when traveling.
6. The portability of jump ropes make them an excellent choice for outdoor workouts at your favorite park or exercise course.
7. A jump rope is the only piece of home cardio equipment you need.
For more details on these benefits read the source article here.Shop Crossrope
Visit Crossrope on YouTube for more jump rope tutorials.
Thomas is the founder of Big Run Media, Believe In The Run, and the Faster Bastards. His mission is to get everyone running. Life is better when you run and running is always better when you have the right gear.